- This event has passed.
ASP Jumpstart: Out of State – Day 1
September 1 @ 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
If you are looking to get AWAY from home, get out of your comfort zone or broaden your horizons, then this is the session for you! Join us to learn more about the ins and outs and strategies of applying broadly to out-of-state institutions. We’ll give details on the admission and financial aid application processes required to get you to your dream school out of Texas.
Day One Agenda:
- Understand this: You are not alone: ASP is here to help!
- Who is ASP, why & how we are here to help. This is who we are trying to help you be.
- What to expect this fall. Outline of the important dates, what we will accomplish in these three sessions.
- A quick overview of a bachelor’s degree and the value of it.
- Understand the basics of college applications & financial aid letters
About ASP Jumpstart
The ASP Jumpstart to 2021 sessions are meant to gently introduce students to the world of college applications. High School seniors have the opportunity to choose from one of two pathways that best fits their college plans: the out-of-state pathway, the in-state pathway (including community college). Once the student chooses the pathway that best fits their interests, they will attend three sessions that will communicate important and relevant information related to the topic.
By attending all three sessions, students will start the school year with general knowledge of the college application process so they can feel empowered to start their college journey with the help of their ASP College Advisor.